Pretzel-Topped Sweet Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 cups chopped pretzel rods (about 13)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1 can (2-1/2 pounds) sweet potatoes, drained
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the pretzels, pecans, cranberries, brown sugar and 1/2 cup butter; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the sweet potatoes until smooth. Add the milk, sugar, vanilla and remaining butter; beat until well blended.
- Spoon into a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with pretzel mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until the edges are bubbly.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 484 calories, 24g fat (11g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 606mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 1, 2013
Too much topping. We did not care for the cranberries with the sweet potatoes.
Nov 23, 2013
I made this last year and received rave reviews. I used fresh sweet potatoes and this year I am using Gluten free pretzels in the topping. It really is a fantastic recipe
Dec 22, 2012
I tried this recipe about a year ago and everone raved about it. Since then I've tried several other sweet potatoe recipe on this site, all very tasty too; however, this is the BEST for how the ingredients compliment each other in taste and texture. Plus the eye candy presentation and inviting smell ranks this colorful tasty dish as a must have, to make our family festive Christmas meal complete. Thank You for sharing your delicious recipe.
Apr 27, 2012
I loved these sweet potatoes!
Jan 11, 2012
This is AMAZING! For personal preference, I used boiled fresh sweet potatoes and cut the sugar a bit by reducing the brown sugar in the topping to 3/4 cup and the sugar in the potato to 1/4 cup. (Still a very sweet dish)!
Dec 19, 2011
AMAZING!!! A must at our family christmas dinner. instead of using canned, i peel and boil enough sweet potatoes to make 8-10 cups mashed.
Dec 14, 2011
This is one I plan to try for Christmas dinner. Sounds great.
Dec 14, 2011
This looks fabulous and tastes awesome. The cranberries add a sweet, tangy surprise and the pretzel rods, pecans, and brown sugar all add to the taste as well as presentation. A real winner that guests rave about and ask for the recipe!
Dec 24, 2010
Excellent recipe, great blend of flavors! Everybody loved it. I used fresh sweet potatos vs. can.
Dec 20, 2010
AMAZING!!!! The best side dish I've made in awhile. The Sweet and Savory mixes so well with this. I served it on Sunday with some vistors and I had TONS of compliments on it!! Everyone was asking me for the squash recipe. (I let them know that it wasn't squash and they were shocked!). Thanks TOH for providing the best!!!!!!!!!