Sweet Chipotle Pretzels
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 4 cups miniature pretzels
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- Place pretzels in a large bowl. Whisk the egg white and water until frothy; stir in the brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice and chipotle pepper. Pour over pretzels; toss to coat.
- Arrange in single layer on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until dry. Cool completely on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 209 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 524mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 7, 2017
Jun 11, 2013
Come to think of it, I didn't use chipotle pepper, but I used cayenne pepper!!
Jun 11, 2013
I recall making this recipe and again, I did adjusted the recipe to suit my tastes! These pretzels are very tasty! Dawn E. Lowenstein
Dec 15, 2011
Super easy and REALLY GOOD!!Lots of wonderful comments from guests.
Nov 6, 2011
Nice kick to pretzels. Just be sure you get them dry in the oven or they will be sticky
Aug 16, 2011
Thanks to the previous comment, I added more pepper (ended up close to 1/2 t). With that amount there seems to be just enough heat to be spicy, yet not so much that it diminishes the sweetness. My guys can't get enough!
Jul 26, 2011
While I thought it lacked something I probably will make it again with some variations. Possibly more of the chipotle pepper, or experiment with something else. It was eaten, the sweet and saltly flavors were noticed and appreciated. Next time will try to kick it up a bit.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.