Total TimePrep: 25 min. + rising Bake: 15 min.
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Coarse salt
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add flour and salt; stir to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 4-5 times. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 15 minutes.
- Punch dough down and divide into 20 equal pieces. On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece into a 15-in. long strip; twist into a pretzel shape. Combine baking soda and cold water; brush over pretzels. Sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 450° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 103 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 311mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 26, 2017
I made it for the first time and it came out delish!! My kids loved it!!!
Nov 6, 2016
These were delicious and super easy. I made half the recipe as a snack one night. I topped them with butter, cinnamon and sugar! I will be making these again and again
Jan 17, 2009
This a a great recipe for small children. I made them with my 3 year old class to "sell" at their "bakery". They couldn't roll them 15" long, so they were pretty fat, but they baked just fine.