Total TimePrep: 25 min. + rising Bake: 15 min.
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Coarse salt
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add flour and salt; stir to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 4-5 times. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 15 minutes.
- Punch dough down and divide into 20 equal pieces. On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece into a 15-in. long strip; twist into a pretzel shape. Combine baking soda and cold water; brush over pretzels. Sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 450° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 103 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 311mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jul 26, 2017
I made it for the first time and it came out delish!! My kids loved it!!!
Nov 6, 2016
These were delicious and super easy. I made half the recipe as a snack one night. I topped them with butter, cinnamon and sugar! I will be making these again and again
Jan 17, 2009
This a a great recipe for small children. I made them with my 3 year old class to "sell" at their "bakery". They couldn't roll them 15" long, so they were pretty fat, but they baked just fine.