Glazed Sweet Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes or 2 cans (15-3/4 ounces each) sweet potatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- If using fresh sweet potatoes, place in a large saucepan or Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook 25-40 minutes or until tender. Drain; cool slightly and peel. Cut into chunks.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place sweet potatoes in a 2-qt. baking dish. In a small saucepan, combine butter, syrup, brown sugar and cinnamon; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Pour over potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, 30-40 minutes or until heated through.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 352 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 96mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 6g fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 11, 2019
AMAZING! The syrup tastes like heaven! Thank you
Nov 30, 2019
I have given this recipe 4 starts only because I haven't tasted it. Your presentation looks good and I hope this would be a yummy one. I will definitely review on this recipe once I tasted it. Thanks for sharing the recipe with us. Alex https://essayschief.com
Nov 29, 2019
This was a nice addition to our meal. It was smooth and sweet, but not too overwhelming. We served it with ham and fresh made cranberry sauce.
Nov 25, 2019
Absolutely loved this. It was easy and tasty. I added slices of oranges and apples when I baked it. Loved it!!! Will be using this recipe from here on out!
Feb 12, 2019
Made this for Thanksgiving and the sweet potato lovers raved about them.
Nov 25, 2018
Delicious! Microwaved the potatoes and then added them to sauce in the sauce pan.
Dec 29, 2016
Even my husband who says he doesn't like sweet potatoes likes these. It's not overly sweet, just enough spice. I'll be making these again and again.
Nov 21, 2016
These are so delicious and always devoured. My mother has been making these for years except she sliced them and laid them in rows and poured the sauce in between and over the top. I am now the sweet potato maker for our family Thanksgiving meal.
Apr 30, 2016
So delicious! My whole family loved this. I will definitely be making these again.
Mar 15, 2016
Delicious. I cut recipe in half. Steamed the potatoes till tender instead of boiling. Melted the butter, sugar and syrup (used sugar-free) together to make a glaze. Added potatoes tossing gently to coat and thicken and till heated through. Great substituting carrots or butternut squash.