Citrus Sweet Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 1 hour Bake: 30 min.
- 6 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup orange juice concentrate
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
- Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40-45 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool. Cut into 1/2-in. slices. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch. Whisk in orange juice concentrate and lemon zest. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over sweet potatoes. Sprinkle with pecans if desired.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until sweet potatoes are heated through and sauce is bubbly.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 93 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 8mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Oct 12, 2017
I liked the citrus taste with the sweet potatoes. They did not have any butter which made them more healthy. Will make again.
Jan 10, 2015
This was a different way to prepare sweet potatoes.
Aug 20, 2012
Can this be prepared ahead and frozen. Then baked day of serving? Thanks
Nov 23, 2010
My family loves this recipe. Even the ones that don't care for sweet potatoes!!