Sweet Potato Tartlets
My family can't resist sweet potatoes when they're mashed, placed in crunchy phyllo shells and topped with marshmallows. The bite-size tarts are fun to eat, too! —Marla Clark, Moriarty, New Mexico
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 package (1.9 ounces) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 15 miniature marshmallows
- Place sweet potato in a small saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a small bowl, mash sweet potato with butter, syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg. Place 1 tablespoon potato mixture in each tart shell. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Top with marshmallows. Bake at 350° for 8-12 minutes or until marshmallows are lightly browned.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 tartlet: 41 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 16mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Puffs in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2010
Nov 4, 2015
I've had this recipe and it was great. I'll be making it this time and have a question...Since potato sizes vary, would say it is 1 cup of mashed sweet potato? Thanks for the recipe!