Sweet Potato Tartlets
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 package (1.9 ounces) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 15 miniature marshmallows
- Place sweet potato in a small saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a small bowl, mash sweet potato with butter, syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg. Place 1 tablespoon potato mixture in each tart shell. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Top with marshmallows. Bake at 350° for 8-12 minutes or until marshmallows are lightly browned.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 tartlet: 41 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 16mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 4, 2015
I've had this recipe and it was great. I'll be making it this time and have a question...Since potato sizes vary, would say it is 1 cup of mashed sweet potato? Thanks for the recipe!