- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2-2/3 cups orange juice, divided
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Place sweet potatoes and 2-1/3 cups orange juice in a large saucepan or Dutch oven. Cover and bring to a boil. Boil for 35-45 minutes or just until potatoes are tender. Drain and place in a large bowl. Mash potatoes with the brown sugar, butter, salt, nutmeg, ginger and remaining orange juice.
1 cup: 195 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 116mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.