Brown Sugar Sweet Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 medium apple, peeled and sliced
- Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-20 minutes or just until tender. Drain; cool slightly and peel. Peel and cut into 1/4-in. slices.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, apple juice, salt and cinnamon; set aside. In an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray, alternately layer sweet potato and apple slices in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with brown sugar mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until apples are tender, basting occasionally with pan juices.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 178 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 114mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 25, 2011
Too dry, so I doubled the sauce ingredients and put it back in the oven. I also kept it covered with foil. Then it came out much better. Everybody at Easter loved them!!
Apr 5, 2010
I made this recipe for Easter dinner, my family loved it!