Golden Sweet Smashed Potatoes
Can't decide what type of spuds to serve for Thanksgiving? Make both by preparing this casserole featuring Yukon Gold and sweet potatoes. Gouda cheese provides a rich flavor.—Shelby Goddard, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Gouda cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Mash potatoes with milk; stir in the cheese, paprika, salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 124 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 186mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Golden Sweet Smashed Potatoes in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2010