White ‘n’ Sweet Mashed Potatoes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds russet potatoes (about 4 medium), peeled and cubed
- 1-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 4 medium), peeled and cubed
- 1 cup milk, warmed
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place russet potatoes and sweet potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash the potatoes with the milk, butter, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg until potatoes reach desired consistency.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 172 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 354mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Jul 30, 2014
We were not fans of these.
Mar 17, 2012
Yummy! Added a tiny bit of brown sugar to them. Will make again!
Nov 18, 2011
A nice alternative to regular mashed potatoes! I will definitely make these again.
Oct 23, 2009
The combination of the two potatoes is a wonderful change...very good taste.