Light ‘n’ Creamy Mashed Potatoes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 cups quartered peeled potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Dash paprika
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash the potatoes. Add the cream cheese, sour cream, milk, salt, garlic powder and pepper; beat until smooth. Stir in chives. Sprinkle with paprika.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 140 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 322mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Mar 4, 2012
Excellent! I make this a lot! I have several family members who insist light food doesn't taste good but unknowingly ate these and loved them!
Jun 22, 2010
Absolutely delicious and easy too!
Jan 31, 2010
This is a 5-star recipe. I have no idea why my rating came up 4 stars.
Jan 31, 2010
Absolutely delicious! We used green onions instead of chives. We'll definitely make again!
Dec 29, 2008
These potatoes were very creamy with just the right flavor and made a nice accompaniment to my turkey dinner. I will make them again!!!