Yukon Mashed Potatoes
My mom liked to use Yukon Gold potatoes for this recipe instead of the usual white variety. These garlic-seasoned spuds are sensational served alongside spareribs.—Nancy Horsburgh, Everett, Ontario
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 2-3/4 to 3 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes. Add the cream, butter, garlic salt and pepper; beat until light and fluffy.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 180 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 194mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Yukon Mashed Potatoes in Taste of Home August/September 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.