Cottage Mashed Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 cups warm mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 2 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 to 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a bowl, combine potatoes, cottage cheese, sour cream, onion, salt and pepper. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Drizzle with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake 5 minutes longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 222 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 705mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 16, 2011
Yummy! I made these ahead of time and then set them out of fridge 30 min before cooking in the oven at 350 covered for @ 40 min. & uncovered @ 15 min. I omitted the almonds and used for the sour cream only 1/2 cup and then 1/4 cup light cream cheese. Also added a splash of milk! When I was making them my DH and 1 yr old were more than happy to lick the bowl & beaters clean - they probably would have ate all of them had I let them!
Nov 20, 2009
I really liked the flavor of these potatoes. Nice easy fix ahead dish.
Oct 10, 2009
These were easy to make and enjoyed by all. I ended up using milk because they were so thick. I also made it the night before and then baked it the next day adding 20 minutes to the baking time.