Garden Mashed Potatoes
This is a great way to dress up mashed potatoes. This color dish has lots of veggies and is full of flavor. It will be a delectable compliment to many meals.—Brenda Budler, Chadron, Nebraska
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1 pound medium Yukon Gold potatoes, cubed
- 1 pound medium red potatoes, cubed
- 1 pound medium carrots, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups frozen white corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Place the potatoes, carrots, garlic and jalapeno in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Mash vegetables with butter, salt and pepper; stir in corn and cheese.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 211 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 275mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Cowboy Mashed Potatoes in Taste of Home Winning Recipes 3
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.