Garden Mashed Potatoes
This is a great way to dress up mashed potatoes. This color dish has lots of veggies and is full of flavor. It will be a delectable compliment to many meals.—Brenda Budler, Chadron, Nebraska
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1 pound medium Yukon Gold potatoes, cubed
- 1 pound medium red potatoes, cubed
- 1 pound medium carrots, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups frozen white corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Place the potatoes, carrots, garlic and jalapeno in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Mash vegetables with butter, salt and pepper; stir in corn and cheese.