Sweet Potato Butter
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 2 hours 5 min. + chilling
Makesabout 4 cups
- 6 cups diced peeled sweet potatoes
- 2 cups diced peeled tart apples
- 4 cups water
- 2/3 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a heavy saucepan, combine all ingredients; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 to 2-1/4 hours or until mixture is thickened and about 1 cup of liquid remains, stirring occasionally.
- In a blender, process mixture in batches until smooth. Transfer to jars or containers. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 46 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 8, 2015
I made this tonight. It has a great taste, now will need to see how well it sets up. Made the house smell wonderful also.
Sep 19, 2010
I made this recipe as written and it is wonderful!