Orange-Glazed Pork with Sweet Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 55 min. + standing
- 1 pound sweet potatoes (about 2 medium)
- 2 medium apples
- 1 medium orange
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 1 pound each)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Peel sweet potatoes; core apples. Cut potatoes, apples and orange crosswise into 1/4-in.-thick slices. Arrange in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, mix orange juice, brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and ginger. Microwave, covered, on high, stirring every 30 seconds until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Stir until smooth.
- Place pork over sweet potato mixture; drizzle with orange juice mixture. Roast until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145° and sweet potatoes and apples are tender, 45-55 minutes longer. Remove from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts4 ounces cooked pork with about 1 cup sweet potato mixture: 325 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 467mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 3g fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch.
Mar 31, 2018
This was AWFUL.. I wasted my money buying the ingredients. I found the cinnamon and ginger overbearing. Some of the sweet potatoes and apples were crunchy.. The pork was way over cooked. I made as directed on recipe baking suggestion was 45-55 minutes, I went in the middle.. 50. Horrible recipe... just awful... I expected much more. I tossed the remainder of the dinner and the recipe along with it... awful.. sad. This was more of a dessert.. made me think of thanksgiving pie.. Pork had no flavor, just dry and overdone. I do love sweet potatoes and the addition of oranges caught my eye... Next time I will rethink.
Dec 17, 2016
Meat was tasteless, oranges were aromatic but difficult to eat. Followed the recipe exactly. Needs tweaking to be good.
Mar 24, 2016
We reallly enjoyed this recipe. The flavors were great. I substituted thyme and parsley for the cinnamon and ginger. I also put garlic powder and onion powder on the pork. the sweet and savory combination was really good. I bought one pork loin that was thicker than some can be and it was really juicy. It is 1.5 lbs.
Mar 19, 2016
this was a really good flavor combo. worth the effort. Love the orange and apples over sweet potatoes with cinnamon and ginger, yum. my cuts of meat were smaller, so I over cooked it in an hour. my bad, but a good recipe. I would have loved this without the meat and more sweet potatoes. would be a great sweet potato recipe
Apr 26, 2015
I made the mistake of buying 2--2# lions so I had 4 pieces not 2. The meat was still pink after 80 minutes and the veggies were not tender. There were 8 of us and I know the 2--1# lions would not have been enough. We had very little left over out of the 4--1#ers. All in all it is ok
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.