Easy Sweet Potato Casserole
It only takes five ingredients to create this sweet potato side dish. I find it's a great way to free up my oven for other dishes. The recipe is on the sweet side, and the granola adds extra crunch.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 2-1/4 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup peach pie filling
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup granola without raisins, optional
- Place potatoes in a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Toss with salt and pepper. Top with pie filling and drizzle with butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with granola if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 221 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 423mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 6g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Peachy Crockpot Sweet Potatoes in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2009