Makeover Loaded Baked Potato Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
Makes12 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 2-1/2 pounds small unpeeled red potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 dill pickle, chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Place potatoes in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until tender. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, eggs, bacon, cheese, onion and pickle. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise and mustard; pour over the potato mixture and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 133 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 340mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 medium-fat meat.
Jan 2, 2017
Love this, you won't know that this is a low fat version. I like to change it up by using Greek Yogurt instead of mayo.
Jun 7, 2016
Delicious! Will make again.
Apr 22, 2014
Love it, made only 1/2 batch and this is a keeper for sure! However, used light mayo, fat free greek yogurt instead of reduced fat sour cream, reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese and a tsp. of pickle juice.
Aug 12, 2012
Baking the potatoes really brings a different flavor to the salad. A welcome change from the traditional.
Jul 7, 2012
My family never met a potato salad they didn't like but are leary of reduced calorie or fat offerings. They loved this recipe. It tasted rich and delicious. I have had the original version and this is just as tasty.
May 29, 2012
This was really easy to make, and it was very, very good! Even my 4-year old liked it. I used fat free everything and 2% cheese in mine with regular bacon since there were only 2 slices in it. Delicious! It makes a lot, though, so unless you want lots of leftovers or you're having a barbecue with friends or something, you'll probably want to half the recipe.
Feb 4, 2012
This is an excellent recipe! I have made it many times with bacon but tonight, I didn't have any turkey bacon so I heated up some Canadian bacon and put it in the potato salad. It was a very good!
Oct 29, 2011
I served it warm and it was soooo delish! I got comments that I should open my own restaurant. :)
Sep 16, 2011
Made it for the second time last night. EXCELLENT!!! Wonderful flavor and such a creative way to make a potato salad!
Aug 4, 2011
This potato salad is awesome! My husband couldn't get over how perfect the potatoes were since they were baked instead of boiled. Its really easy and I think its quicker than any others.