Louisiana Sweet Potato Casserole
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt, ground cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice
- 3 cups shredded uncooked sweet potatoes
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, milk and butter. Combine the flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice; stir into the egg mixture with sweet potatoes.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 267 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 126mg cholesterol, 185mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 18, 2013
I've been looking for this recipe for years. I had one similar and lost it. The only exception is mine used can milk, all the rest is the same. You can't go wrong with Aline's Louisiana's Sweet Potato Recipe. Anyone that doesn't like Yams or Sweet Potatos, but, likes Pumkin Pie will really love this Casserole.BRING ON THANKSGIVING!!!