Ginger Green Beans
The bright gingery sauce on these green beans is delicious and so simple to whip up. It's perfection on either hot or cold beans, but I also really love it tossed with cooked shrimp. —Marina Castle Kelley, Canyon Country, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 tangerine, peeled, segmented, seeds removed
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 1 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon white vinegar
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, bring 12 cups water to a boil. Add green beans; cook, uncovered, 2-3 minutes or just until crisp-tender and bright green. Quickly remove and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the remaining ingredients; process until well blended. Pour dressing mixture over beans; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 59 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 614mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Ginger Green Beans in Taste of Home Summer 2018
Aug 31, 2019
Used yellow wax beans for this recipe. Love the pop of the ginger...very refreshing on the lightly blanched, crispy beans. It's a keeper! Did add a light garnish of parsley on the yellow beans.