Ginger Green Beans
The bright gingery sauce on these green beans is delicious and so simple to whip up. It's perfection on either hot or cold beans, but I also really love it tossed with cooked shrimp. —Marina Castle Kelley, Canyon Country, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 tangerine, peeled, segmented, seeds removed
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 1 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon white vinegar
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, bring 12 cups water to a boil. Add green beans; cook, uncovered, 2-3 minutes or just until crisp-tender and bright green. Quickly remove and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the remaining ingredients; process until well blended. Pour dressing mixture over beans; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 59 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 614mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Aug 31, 2019
Used yellow wax beans for this recipe. Love the pop of the ginger...very refreshing on the lightly blanched, crispy beans. It's a keeper! Did add a light garnish of parsley on the yellow beans.