- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 bacon strips, diced
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sliced sweet red pepper
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup salted whole cashews
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place beans in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the teriyaki sauce, honey and butter. Saute pepper and onion in drippings until tender. Add the beans, teriyaki mixture, bacon, cashews and lemon juice; heat through.
3/4 cup: 139 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 278mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.