Snappy Green Beans
This streamlined side dish is a great way to serve fresh beans from the garden. It's simple yet looks elegant. With its mild seasonings, it complements most any dish. —Tammy Neubauer, Ida Grove, Iowa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain well.
- Remove from the heat. Add the butter, parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 58 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 213mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable.
Originally published as Snappy Green Beans in Light & Tasty August/September 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.