Snappy Green Beans
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain well.
- Remove from the heat. Add the butter, parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 59 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 217mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 10, 2019
These were surprisingly good. I will use this recipe many times. I like to dress up veggies a little without a lot of work and this is perfect,
Mar 26, 2013
Delicious. The lemon-butter glaze combo gives them a nice tangy and fresh flavor.
Mar 31, 2009
This recipe looks good!