Green Bean Bundles of Joy
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Broil: 5 min.
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 4 to 6 bacon strips
- 3/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add beans; cover and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and set aside. Cut bacon in half lengthwise; place on a microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave on high for 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 minutes or until edges curl. Place four or five beans on each bacon strip; wrap bacon around beans and tie in a knot.
- Place bundles in an 8-in. square baking dish. Drizzle with salad dressing. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 203 calories, 20g fat (4g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 618mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Feb 20, 2014
Really tasty. After reading the reviews I did not boil the beans in the beginning and they came out perfectly. This recipe is very simple but looks elevated. I did the prep work prior to my guests arriving and had the bundles ready for baking.
Mar 1, 2013
to make it simple for just two I did not bundle the beans.Just put them in baking dish with bacon and dressing.
Aug 4, 2012
My family really liked these green beans. Since I've made similar recipes before and the beans came out wizened, I didn't boil them in the beginning, as the recipe calls for, and they came out great and not overcooked. This simple recipe is, I think, the best way to make green bean bundles.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.