Fabulous Green Beans
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Place beans in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat the remaining ingredients until butter is melted. Transfer beans to a serving bowl; drizzle with butter mixture and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 165 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 382mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein.
Feb 18, 2016
Great recipe, very good flavors - a definite do again!
Aug 17, 2015
Very good! We make this often.
Jul 16, 2015
May 16, 2015
Wow! These were amazing! So good!
Apr 12, 2015
Made it as written and seemed like too much butter for us. And the seasoning was just OK.
Jan 1, 2015
Very good recipe! A wonderful change from steamed or casserole type green beans.
Dec 20, 2014
My family loved this! I didn't happen to have a steamer basket, so I just boiled the green beans just until they were crisp/tender. The sauce was super-easy and delicious. I will definitely make this again - for a simple dinner or a more elaborate one.
Nov 2, 2014
Aug 22, 2014
A hit with guests . A new favorite.
Apr 10, 2014
These were easy to make and tasty. The recipe is definitely a keeper!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.