Cheese, jalapeno pepper, sour cream and green onions top these pretty potato slices, seasoned with dry ranch dressing mix. "I love to serve them to guests, and they love to eat them," notes Tony Horton of Van Buren, Arkansas. "You can use them as an appetizer or even as a side dish."
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 8 medium red potatoes
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 jar (12 ounces) pickled jalapeno pepper slices, drained
- 2 cups Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups sour cream
- 6 to 8 green onions, chopped
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or just until tender. Drain; cool slightly.
- Cut potatoes into 1/4-in.-thick slices. Place in a single layer in three greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Top each with salad dressing mix, a jalapeno slice, cheddar cheese and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with sour cream and green onions.
Dec 10, 2012
Do you just prepare ranch dressing as per package directions or just sprinkle the powder on the potato?
Apr 11, 2011
these are ALWAYS a hit at parties I take them to!