Spanish-Smashed Potatoes with Cilantro Sauce
I was inspired to create this after visiting a great Latin restaurant. The salty potatoes and the bright herbs are great together.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and transfer to a small bowl.
- Place the cilantro, garlic and salt in a small food processor; cover and pulse until chopped. Add water and vinegar; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- Using a fork, flatten potatoes slightly; pour sauce over top.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 317 calories, 27g fat (4g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 359mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Spanish Smashed Potatoes with Cilantro Sauce in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.