Spicy Sweet Potato Chips & Cilantro Dip
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min./batch
Makes12 servings (1-1/2 cups dip)
- 2 to 3 large sweet potatoes (1-3/4 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place sweet potatoes in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix oil and seasonings; drizzle over potatoes and toss to coat.
- Arrange half the sweet potatoes in a single layer in 2 ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Repeat with remaining sweet potatoes.
- In a small bowl, beat dip ingredients until blended. Serve with chips.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup chips with about 1 tablespoon dip: 285 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 217mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.
Feb 22, 2015
To get them crisp but not burned, I used tongs and pulled the slices from the pans as they became crisp. Takes some watching! Love my V slicer!
Jan 27, 2015
These are really good. There's a fine line between soft and crisp, keep an eye on them, but either way they're delicious! Didn't make the dip so I can't vouch for it. I used a slicer to get slices of uniform thickness.
Jan 5, 2015
Loved them and now I have a great slicer from Christmas so I can get uniform sizes.
May 18, 2014
Really good. Had a bit of dip leftover that I used with some fish. As others have said, just watch the thickness and monitor closely while cooking.
Feb 9, 2014
Good flavor -family loved them, but as others said, some soggy & some kinda burnt. Need to get just the right thickness. Will try again...
Nov 29, 2013
The drizzle was too thick. I think it just made the chips burn too easily. Like another commenter's my chips were either burnt or still mushy. The dip was good.
Feb 7, 2013
These were really good, but didn't use the dip. Served them for dinner w/ barbecued pork chops, salad and veggies. They didn't crisp up and you really need to keep an eye on them as 25 minutes could be a bit long or they'll start to burn. Will keep making them as they are easy, tasty and quick.
Jun 11, 2012
Jan 25, 2012
The flavors in the chips and the dip were great. But, my chips would not crisp! The ones that were cripsy, honestly, were burnt. I will try this again, but with no salt on the potatoes until after they are cooked.
Nov 7, 2011
I absolutely LOVE these!! This is definitely going into favorites list! WOW!! SUPER YUMMY!