Chive Mascarpone Dip with Herbed Pita Chips
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
Makes2 cups (48 chips)
- 1 carton (8 ounces) Mascarpone cheese
- 3/4 cup minced fresh chives
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- PITA CHIPS:
- 8 whole wheat pita breads (6 inches)
- 1/4 cup minced fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Chill until serving.
- Cut each pita bread into six wedges; arrange in a single layer on ungreased baking sheets. In a small bowl, combine the oregano, oil, salt and pepper; brush on pita wedges. Bake pitas at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until crisp, turning once. Serve chips and vegetables with dip.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons dip with 3 chips (calculated without vegetables): 210 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 329mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Mar 10, 2015
This dip is amazing! I've already made it a half a dozen times. Love the homemade pita chips also.
Aug 2, 2012
This dip is delicious! i would make the day before for fuller flavor. We also used as a sandwich spread and it was outstanding! i used store bought pita chips but liked pretzels the best.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.