Fiesta Red Potatoes
“My son-in-law, who is very creative, came up with these potatoes,” says Pat Pennell of El Dorado Springs, Missouri. Use only one jalapeno or serve these fiery potatoes with sour cream to cool them off a bit.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the potatoes, onion, jalapenos, seasoning blend and pepper in oil for 30-35 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in tomatoes; heat through.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 146 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 15mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Fiesta Potatoes in Light & Tasty April/May 2007