One-Pot Salsa Chicken
This skillet recipe is a colorful and healthy main dish that can be on the table in just over an hour. The subtle sweet-spicy flavor is a nice surprise. —Ann Sheehy, Lawrence, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 jar (16 ounces) medium salsa
- 2 medium nectarines, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons Tajin seasoning
- 1 cup uncooked instant brown rice
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Minced fresh chives
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with pepper and salt. Brown chicken in batches; return to pan. Add the sweet potatoes, salsa, nectarines and seasoning. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer until potatoes are almost tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in rice and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in parsley. Serve in bowls; sprinkle with chives.
Test Kitchen tip