Slow-Cooker Salsa Chicken
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1-3/4 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Optional ingredients: hot cooked rice, cubed avocado, chopped fresh tomato, sliced green onions and lime wedges
- Place chicken in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with salsa, corn, beans, diced tomatoes and chiles, sugar, salt and pepper. Cook, covered, on low until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, 3-4 hours. If desired, serve with optional ingredients.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half with 1-1/2 cups bean mixture: 470 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 1270mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 11g fiber), 47g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 7, 2019
I made this a few weeks ago when I had family in from out of town. It was a huge hit. I served yellow rice and a Cuban style salad on the side. I will definitely make this again. VFE
Feb 3, 2019
This was very tasty and easy to prepare. I didn't use my crock pot, I used my pressure cooker instead. I let it cook for about 15 minutes. The chicken was a little dry, not too bad so next time I'll do about 10-12 minutes instead.
Jan 19, 2019
Easy and we loved it. My husband suggested I cut up the chicken next time. So I shredded it when we had leftovers. It was better with chicken in every bite. We crumbled Hint o Lime tortilla chips on top. My husband made guacamole to go with for the leftovers for our green vegetable.