Slow-Cooker Salsa Chicken
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1-3/4 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Optional: Hot cooked rice, cubed avocado, chopped fresh tomato, sliced green onions and lime wedges
- Place chicken in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with salsa, corn, beans, diced tomatoes and chiles, sugar, salt and pepper. Cook, covered, on low until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, 3-4 hours. If desired, serve with optional ingredients.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half with 1-1/2 cups bean mixture: 470 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 1270mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 11g fiber), 47g protein.
Sep 15, 2019
I made this twice with a couple of variations. I used tri-colored beans, fresh salsa to reduce the sodium and omitted the salt. I added cumin and chili powder plus used chicken thighs in my 5 crock pot. Server with rice, green salad with avocado. Now one of my top five favorites. Nunny W. Los Angeles, CA
Jun 20, 2019
I made this with a few alterations. I cut up the chicken into small pieces and used less than specified, and substituted cannellini beans for pinto. I also served it over penne pasta. It was excellent. Rusty
Feb 7, 2019
I made this a few weeks ago when I had family in from out of town. It was a huge hit. I served yellow rice and a Cuban style salad on the side. I will definitely make this again. VFE
Feb 3, 2019
This was very tasty and easy to prepare. I didn't use my crock pot, I used my pressure cooker instead. I let it cook for about 15 minutes. The chicken was a little dry, not too bad so next time I'll do about 10-12 minutes instead.
Jan 19, 2019
Easy and we loved it. My husband suggested I cut up the chicken next time. So I shredded it when we had leftovers. It was better with chicken in every bite. We crumbled Hint o Lime tortilla chips on top. My husband made guacamole to go with for the leftovers for our green vegetable.