Apricot Salsa Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup apricot nectar
- Hot cooked rice
- Combine the first four ingredients in large bowl; add chicken in batches. Turn to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken over medium heat in oil until chicken is golden brown and juices run clear. Stir in the salsa, preserves and nectar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until sauce thickens. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 293 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 779mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 30, 2011
This is so easy and one of our favorites.
Apr 2, 2010
Very tasty. My Husband liked it, and it was easy to make.
Jul 10, 2009
This recipe is easy and amazingly delicious. My family loved it.