Apricot Salsa Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup apricot nectar
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first four ingredients; add chicken in batches. Seal bag and turn to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken over medium heat in oil until browned on each side; drain. Stir in the salsa, preserves and nectar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until sauce thickens and a thermometer reads 170°. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 293 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 779mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Jul 30, 2011
This is so easy and one of our favorites.
Apr 2, 2010
Very tasty. My Husband liked it, and it was easy to make.
Jul 10, 2009
This recipe is easy and amazingly delicious. My family loved it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.