Chicken with Peach-Cucumber Salsa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches (about 2 medium)
- 3/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 4 tablespoons peach preserves, divided
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- For salsa, in a small bowl, combine peaches, cucumber, 2 tablespoons preserves, onion, mint and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper and remaining salt. On a lightly greased grill rack, grill chicken, covered, over medium heat 5 minutes. Turn; grill 7-9 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 165°, brushing tops occasionally with remaining preserves. Serve with salsa.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half with 1/2 cup salsa: 261 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 525mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 20, 2018
Great recipe[e for the entire family!!
Jun 29, 2017
This recipe was staring me in the face for days. Finally I made it everyone loved it, including my two picky 4 and 7 year old girls. I loved that all the ingredients I found at our local farmers market which made it so much sweeter with the flavor.
Jun 29, 2017
I kept looking at this recipe for days, finally I tried it. My family including 2 picky kids age 4 and loved it. They kept asking for more. I loved the salsa and the peach preserves on it. I didn't expect that I would make me like peaches more. Best part I went out to a farmers market and got so many dish ideas that week off this one dish.
Jul 11, 2015
Yum! My family loved this salsa, and on top of the chicken it was delicious. Our perfectly ripe Georgia peaches were key. We'll definitely make this again.