Spicy Peach-Glazed Grilled Chicken
Simple chicken on the grill can’t compare with this wake-up-the-taste-buds version. It has just the right mix of spicy and sweet flavors. —Karen Sparks, Glendora, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; stir in 1/8 teaspoon salt. Reserve half of the glaze for serving.
- Sprinkle chicken with remaining salt; place on greased grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat 5 minutes. Turn; grill 7-9 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 165°, brushing tops occasionally with remaining glaze. Serve with reserved glaze.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half : 299 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 663mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 0 fiber), 35g protein.
Originally published as GRILLED CHICKEN BREASTS WITH SPICY PEACH GLAZE in Simple & Delicious April/May 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.