Chicken with Peaches
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 50 min.
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds) , cut up
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can (28 ounces) peach slices, drained
- Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Broil 6 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Season with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the molasses, lemon juice, butter, onion and ginger; pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes. Add peaches; baste chicken. Return to the oven for 10 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and peaches are heated through.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 692 calories, 31g fat (10g saturated fat), 169mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 3g fiber), 50g protein.
Oct 31, 2009
I didn't broil the chicken, I just threw the sauce on it and baked it for the suggested time. It was so tender and had great flavor. Delicious!
Oct 5, 2009
This recipe was really good and easy to make. Very appealing looking dish. I used probably 1/4 cup of red onion very finely minced. The only thing I would do to change this dish is to use some of the peach sauce or puree a peach to give the chicken a more peachy flavour.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.