Peachy Chicken with Sweet Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine sweet potatoes and onion. Sprinkle chicken with paprika, thyme, salt and cayenne; arrange over sweet potatoes. Top with preserves. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken and potatoes are tender.
- Remove chicken and vegetables to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken and vegetables.
Nutrition Facts2 chicken thighs with 1 cup sweet potato mixture and 1/2 cup sauce: 619 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 151mg cholesterol, 429mg sodium, 74g carbohydrate (56g sugars, 3g fiber), 44g protein.
May 22, 2018
This was just "OK" to my family. Thighs were tender, but potatoes were overcooked. The sauce has potential... but needs more flavor. Like some other reviews, Next time I will tweak this with more herbs, and a little more salt. We enjoy pecans with our sweet potatoes, so may try adding in a few toasted pecans when I make the sauce at the end.
Feb 12, 2017
Definite hit at our house. I doubled the salt, and added 1/2 tsp garlic powder. There were no leftovers, and requests for a re-do soon!
Sep 19, 2016
This did indeed smell incredible as it was cooking. And the chicken was really good. As a whole though, the dish suffered from crockpot blandness. It would have been better if maybe some of the seasonings and preserves were saved and prepared separately at the end into a flavorful sauce.
Jun 23, 2014
Pretty good. Was a little bland. Missing something not sure what.
Jun 21, 2014
I made this with 2 pounds of boneless chicken breasts. I used the low sugar preserves to cut back on the calories. I also used 3 sweet potatoes. The chicken was done in 5 hours, the potatoes were done in 4 hours. Next time I make this, I am going to start the chicken first and after an hour add the sweet potatoes. Made this for family, and everyone really enjoyed it. This recipe is a keeper.
May 27, 2014
Have not made yet, but Five Stars is what the recipe sounds like to me. I have a question....Will it taste okay if I used boneless chicken breasts instead of thighs?
Dec 8, 2013
This was easy to make and very flavorful. My husband liked the chicken so well I may add more thighs next time I make it. The gravy from the juices was great over the chicken and potatoes. Will be making again and have recommended to family.
Nov 8, 2013
Delicious and easy to prepare. My grocery store didn't have boneless skinless chicken thighs, so I just bought regular ones and removed the skin/fat myself. This meal was really good. I will definitely make it again.
Apr 24, 2013
Very good! If you like sweet potatoes add an extra one in, we could have used more. Love the sweet and savory combo.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.