Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches in extra-light syrup
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- 1 tablespoon white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Hot cooked pasta
- Drain peaches, reserving juice. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and reserved juice until smooth. Add preserves and wine; set aside.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, salt and pepper. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, melt remaining butter. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken and peaches; heat through. Sprinkle with onions; serve with pasta.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without pasta): 359 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 278mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Oct 16, 2011
I love sweet and savory together and this one is a hit. We have peach trees, so I used my home canned peaches and jam. sauce is great.
Mar 28, 2011
My whole family like this dish. After reading a previous review I decided to add a few things...little soy sauce, fresh garlic, ginger, and onion powder. Yum! I also think it would be great spiced up with some jalapenos or red pepper flakes.
May 27, 2010
I was really excited to make this recipe but it wasn't what I thought it would be. It was good just wasn't WOW!
Apr 29, 2010
This dish was excellent; I made it for my husband and he absolutely loved it. I did make a few alterations, though. With the peach/cornstarch mixture I added a dash of nutmeg and about a tsp or two of cinnamon. I also did not have any green onions on hand, but it turned out beautifully. The spices made such a difference in the flavor. I would make this dinner again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.