Chicken with Mandarin Salsa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-2/3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- Drain oranges, reserving 1/4 cup juice. For salsa, in a large bowl, combine oranges, pecans, onion and cilantro.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 4 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in reserved juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 4-6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Top with salsa; serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup chicken mixture with 2/3 cup cooked rice: 453 calories, 18g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 362mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 5g fiber), 28g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 20, 2015
A nice and light meal. I left out the pecans. I will definitely make again when something quick is needed. V
Dec 14, 2014
This is a great recipe. Has lots of color and flavor. I added fresh mango to the salsa because I had it to use. Leftovers were great too. Will definitely make this again.
Sep 18, 2014
Amazingly quick to fix, and so delicious, this will become one of those "go to" recipes when you forgot to plan what's for dinner. I used frozen chicken strips. As a volunteer field editor, I give this recipe a 5 star rating.