Chicken in Potato Baskets
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4-1/2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, butter, salt and pepper. Press into six greased 10-oz. custard cups; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter. Add the flour, bouillon, Worcestershire sauce and basil. Stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken and peas. Spoon into prepared crusts.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 441 calories, 27g fat (15g saturated fat), 125mg cholesterol, 1207mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Apr 9, 2015
Apr 2, 2015
Delicious except too salty. Next time, I will omit the added salt.
Sep 15, 2014
Delicious!! I shred my own potatoes for the hash browns and it's just as great!
Feb 10, 2014
Family hit the second time I made these. I actually partially cook my hashbrowns in the microwave before shaping them in the ramekins. I also like to sprinkle shredded cheddar or colby cheese before baking. Just adds another depth of flavor.
Nov 10, 2013
Jun 26, 2013
This was very good. I made it years ago but forgot about it. I need to make it again.
Dec 16, 2012
Love this! Have made it lots of times already.
Sep 6, 2012
Delicious! My whole family loved it & said "it's a keeper". I didn't have custard cups so I used a 9x9 square dish & layered the hash brown mixture on bottom, then poured the filling on top. I used cubed hash browns and it worked well. Bake as per recipe. Highly recommend!
Mar 6, 2012
Love it!! I have made this several times.. Very easy and something different..
Mar 1, 2012
These potpies are easy to prepare and the combination of potatoes, chicken and basil are a winner!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.