Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 2 to 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Combine curry powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and the pepper; rub over both sides of chicken. In a skillet, combine orange juice, rice, water, brown sugar, mustard and remaining salt. Mix well. Top rice mixture with chicken pieces; bring to a boil. Cover and simmer 20-25 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand, covered, until all liquid has absorbed, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 317 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 562mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 24, 2017
This orange chicken is a pleasant change of pace for chicken!!
Nov 18, 2015
Very good, easy and quick. I used Uncle Ben's quick long grain & wild rice.
Sep 6, 2015
I have been looking for this Uncle Ben's recipe AGAIN, for years!! yay!! We Love it too! I add extra S&B Curry & br. sugar and Pineapple chunks and whatever else we're in the mood for! Thanks!!
Jul 9, 2014
this is a quick and easy recipe too make. the only change i did was instead of using chicken breast, I used chicken tenders ... chicken is awesome :-)
Sep 10, 2013
I like this dish very much.
Aug 26, 2012
My wife has been making this for several years and is certainly a family favorite.
Aug 22, 2012
Whole family loved this!
Aug 5, 2012
I didn`t like because it was dry, savory from juice and not enough flavor.
Nov 10, 2010
This dish was delicious! The curry taste is very strong, so don't overdo it.
Dec 16, 2009
My husband says this is his new favorite dish. The rest of my family and I also like it so I'm sure I will be making it again soon.