Desert Oasis Chicken
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts cook quickly and pair nicely with sweet and spicy ingredients like these. —Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup canned apricot halves, sliced
- 1/3 cup dried tropical fruit
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Mix first four ingredients. Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to flatten slightly. Rub with oil; sprinkle with seasonings.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken on both sides. Add apricots, tropical fruit, water and honey; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 5-6 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°.