Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup canola oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- In a skillet, brown chicken on both sides in 2 tablespoons of oil. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, saute onion in remaining oil until tender. Add the tomatoes, celery, water, olives, garlic powder, oregano, salt if desired and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Return chicken to pan. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Add mushrooms; simmer 15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 170°.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 277 calories, 13g fat (0 saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 137mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein.
Sep 12, 2013
We really liked this, I just wish there was more sauce.
Sep 23, 2010
Its Great and Fast
Jun 27, 2010
Very tasty defintely a keeper
Mar 25, 2008
It takes a little time to make it but it is worth. This dish is very tasty and the sauce is wonderful. I cut back a little on the tomatoes(my own preference) and served with plain rice cooked in vegetable broth, over which I put some of the sauce.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.