Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 1/4 cup za'atar seasoning
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3 pounds bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 cup pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 1/2 cup pitted dried plums
- 1/4 cup water
- Hot cooked basmati rice, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add chicken; toss to coat.
- Arrange olives, apricots and plums on the bottom of a 4- or 5-quart slow cooker. Add 1/4 cup water; top with chicken. Cook, covered, on low until chicken is tender, 5-6 hours. If desired, serve with rice.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 484 calories, 32g fat (7g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 1367mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 2, 2019
This I a wonderfully and carefully balanced flavor able main dish. I served it with rice to sop up the juices. Next time I make it, I'm going to add shallots sliced in half lengthwise. I think the color contrast and delicate flavor addition would give this recipe an additional notch up. Try this recipe. It is so good.
Dec 9, 2018
I wish there was a cooking time on this for boneless skinless chicken thighs as well.