It's hard to find a dinner that both my husband and kids will enjoy—and even harder to find one that's fast and easy. This is it! No matter how much I make of this dish, it's gone to the last bite. —Esther Erani, Brooklyn, New York
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 1/4 cup za'atar seasoning
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3 pounds bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 cup pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 1/2 cup pitted dried plums
- 1/4 cup water
- Hot cooked basmati rice, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add chicken; toss to coat.
- Arrange olives, apricots and plums on the bottom of a 4- or 5-quart slow cooker. Add 1/4 cup water; top with chicken. Cook, covered, on low until chicken is tender, 5-6 hours. If desired, serve with rice.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 484 calories, 32g fat (7g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 1367mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
Originally published as zaatar chicken with a twist in Taste of Home September/October 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.