Chicken on a Stick
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 pound skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice, soy sauce, garlic, honey and seasonings. Pour 1/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, thread chicken.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink, basting frequently with reserved marinade.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 97 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 70mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat.
Aug 22, 2013
We love pretty much anything grilled on a skewer. Everyone loved this. I have also used the same recipe for grilled pork chops, and strips of pork and beef sirloin on a skewer with excellent results.
Apr 2, 2010
This is one of my very favorite recipes on the grill, and there are so many ways to use leftovers, although I don't usually have many. When I serve this chicken to guests they always love it.