Sticky Asian Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on both sides.
- In a small bowl, mix soy sauce, wine, sugar and garlic; pour over chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 5-7 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°. Remove chicken; keep warm.
- Remove cooking juices from pan; skim fat and return juices to pan. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into juices. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken thigh with 1 tablespoon sauce: 229 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 881mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein.
Mar 31, 2019
I doubled the sauce and added some peppers. The chicken was not quite enough for the 4 of us so may add more next time.
Aug 3, 2016
This recipe was absolutely delicious, and I will definitely be making it again. I followed the recipe exactly as written, but next time I will use low sodium soy sauce, purely to make it a bit more healthy. The kids also loved the sauce. I agree with the previous reviewer - some stir fried veggies would be awesome with this!
Jul 26, 2016
This is a great take-out-style dish that you can make just as quickly (and less expensively!) at home! I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts instead of thighs, and the dish turned out really well. I would suggest using a low-sodium soy sauce or adding a bit of extra sugar, as the results were a little more salty than I prefer. I also suggest doubling the sauce part of the recipe as you'll want to use it over rice and serve extra with the chicken. The next time I make this, I plan to add some stir-fry veggies to the sauce.