Fall Garden Medley
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 4 large carrots, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 3 fresh beets, peeled and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Fresh parsley or dried parsley flakes, optional
- Place the carrots, beets, sweet potatoes, onions and water in a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and thyme. Drizzle with olive oil. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until tender.
- Stir vegetables and sprinkle with parsley if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 83 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 633mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 26, 2019
This recipe is great! It was easy to prepare in the slow cooker and the vegetables were delicious. My husband thought it tasted like "pot roast veggies" (which are his favorite) and told me that I can make this anytime!