Fall Garden Medley
I like to make this recipe in the fall and winter for special occasions because it's very colorful, tasty and healthy. It's a hearty side that complements many different meat dishes. —Krystine Kercher, Lincoln, Nebraska
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 4 large carrots, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 3 fresh beets, peeled and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Fresh parsley or dried parsley flakes, optional
- Place the carrots, beets, sweet potatoes, onions and water in a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and thyme. Drizzle with olive oil. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until tender.
- Stir vegetables and sprinkle with parsley if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 83 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 633mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Fall Garden Medley in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.