Momma’s Warm Potato Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 medium Yukon Gold potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds), peeled and cubed
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain potatoes and place in a large bowl. Add the eggs, celery, onion and green pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining ingredients; add to potato mixture. Toss gently to coat. Serve warm. Cover and refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 291 calories, 20g fat (4g saturated fat), 219mg cholesterol, 593mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 24, 2019
I make potato salad quite often and have a tip--If you have a wide pot and a large steamer basket, you can cook your potatoes and eggs for potato salad at the same time. I chop the celery, pickles, and whatever else I want to add to the salad while the potatoes and eggs are cooking. I take the eggs out of the steamer basket and drop them into cold water to coo for a few minutes.
Dec 21, 2016
I thought this was a good quick potato salad, but my husband did not like the Dijon in it so that it why he gave it three stars. He wanted a little pickle in it as well.
Aug 23, 2014
Love this quick and easy yummy recipe. .I hsve lost count of how many times I've made it.
Jul 6, 2014
I thought this was missing something...pickle relish maybe? Just was not very flavorful.
Aug 2, 2013
OMG! This is delicious. I'm from PA. and have a little Amish in my blood. Never thought I'd like any other type of potato salad, but I will definitely make this again.
May 15, 2013
My husband and I really like this potato salad!! Used regular Idaho potatoes, didn't have green bell pepper, was still great!
Mar 15, 2013
Made this for our family of four--------was so very good--had a little left over & can't wait to eat it even cold. Was easy to prepare & didn't change a thing.
Jan 30, 2013
We ate it cold and it was really really good. Didn't change a thing.
Jan 21, 2013
This is a simple, yet delicious recipe. It makes just the perfect amount for my family.