Easy German Potato Salad
This tangy potato salad stirs memories of my grandma, who made it for us. Now my mom makes it with brats and sauerkraut, truly the best meal! —Devin Mulertt, Cedarburg, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Cook: 40 min. + cooling
Makes16 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 5 pounds potatoes (about 12 medium), peeled
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a stock pot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain potatoes; cool slightly.
- Cut potatoes into slices. Place in a large bowl. Stir in bacon, onion and green onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients until blended; pour over salad and toss gently to coat. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 147 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 260mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as German Potato Salad in tasteofhome.com
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.