Quick German Potato Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 7 unpeeled medium red potatoes, cubed
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a pressure cooker, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; drain. Add potatoes and onions. In a bowl, combine the vinegar, water, sugar, 2 tablespoons of parsley, salt, mustard and pepper; pour over potatoes.
- Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Bring cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion or release of steam; adjust heat if needed.) Remove from the heat.
- Immediately cool according to manufacturer's directions until pressure is completely reduced. Just before serving, sprinkle with remaining parsley.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 128 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 386mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 22, 2012
I made this for my family. It is so easy and everyone devoured it! I doubled the batch and did not have any leftovers.I am not big on sweet in my German potato salad, so I left out the sugar.
Sep 28, 2010
have made this many times. Great recipe, fast and delicious
May 20, 2009
I don't have a pressure cooker. Can you give directions for another way to prepare it? Sounds delicious!