Quick German Potato Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 7 unpeeled medium red potatoes, cubed
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a pressure cooker, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; drain. Add potatoes and onions. In a bowl, combine the vinegar, water, sugar, 2 tablespoons of parsley, salt, mustard and pepper; pour over potatoes.
- Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Bring cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion or release of steam; adjust heat if needed.) Remove from the heat.
- Immediately cool according to manufacturer's directions until pressure is completely reduced. Just before serving, sprinkle with remaining parsley.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 128 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 386mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Apr 22, 2012
I made this for my family. It is so easy and everyone devoured it! I doubled the batch and did not have any leftovers.I am not big on sweet in my German potato salad, so I left out the sugar.
Sep 28, 2010
have made this many times. Great recipe, fast and delicious
May 20, 2009
I don't have a pressure cooker. Can you give directions for another way to prepare it? Sounds delicious!