Creamy Potato Salad for Two
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 4 small red potatoes, cubed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped carrot
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place the potatoes in a microwave-safe bowl; add water. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until tender; drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add potatoes and gently toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 227 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 561mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 7g protein.
Apr 9, 2015
We really liked this recipe, a nice change from my potato salad with dill relish and it was perfect for two people. This will be a quick go to recipe for potato salad for my husband and I on a warm evening. Just a note-I prepared the potatoes by boiling them on the stove instead of microwave its how I always prepare them for potato salad.Thank you for a great recipe!